Welcome to the TCIS Community!
Your child is precious. Your children’s education is key to their future happiness and well-being. Your child has one chance to live, to learn, and to grow. We believe that every child has gifts and talents, as well as challenges. We treasure your child and take seriously the responsibility of educating and nurturing your child. For nearly 60 years, students have learned how to think, to lead and to serve at TCIS. You are invited to apply to the most prestigious IB Christian Boarding School in Asia!
Who is eligible to attend TCIS?
TCIS is registered in Korea as a “foreign school” and must follow the eligibility requirements of foreign schools. As such, foreign students must make up 70% of the total student enrollment. Students must meet one of the following:
- Children living in Korea with a parent(s) that holds a non-Korean passport & alien registration card are eligible to apply as a foreign student.
- Children living outside of Korea with a parent(s) that holds a non-Korean passport & hold an international student visa to come to Korea are eligible to apply as a foreign student (permissible as of 2015.)
- Children must have studied outside of Korea for 3 years or lived outside of Korea for a total of 1095 days prior to enrollment, are eligible to apply.
Who can apply to TCIS?
- TCIS enrolls students in Kindergarten 1 (must be 4 years old as of August) through grade 12.
- Students may live in the Daejeon area with their parents or enroll in the boarding program in grades 6-12.
- Students of any ethnicity or faith are welcome to apply.
- English language proficiency requirements vary with grade level. Please contact the Admissions Office for details.
TCIS admits highly motivated students based on a review of the following:
- Admission Test Results: English, Writing, Math (grades 3 & up)
- Teacher Recommendations & School Reports
- Transcripts, Standardized Test Scores
- Priority Seating Availability
- Apply by May 1st to enroll for the first semester (starting in mid August).
- Apply by December 1st to enroll for the second semester (starting in January).
- Late Applications may be accepted on a "space-available" basis.