Winter Science Camp | TCIS & KAIST Campus | December 27-30
Join us as we present this four-day camp on robotics. Continuing from last year's camp, attendees will learn more advanced techniques and build on previous topics. (Did you not attend last year, no problem, we will bring you up to speed!)
Guest professor, Mr. Lawrence Kok, TCIS faculty, and KAIST students, campers will have a fun time learning about robotics and making meaningful connections.
This camp is for any students in grades 8-11.
Why attend the Winter Science Camp?
- Learn about the IOT (Internet of Things)
- Exercise robotic control using WIFI, bluetooth and voice recognition
- Design simple electronic circuits for robotic motion
- Learn to write simple codes/programming for robotics
- Using Arduino, learn to incorporate IR sensors, motion detectors and touch sensors into robotic motion
- Spend a day in KAIST with KAIST students to explore different projects
- Explore dorm life and enjoy many activities
- Create memories to last a lifetime!
*Contact Ms. Kate Oh for info and to register firstname.lastname@example.org
International College Fair | TCIS Campus | September 11 ~ 12:30-2:00pm
Sponsored in partnership by TCIS and the Sequoia Group, we invite all interested families to the TCIS campus and visit with college representatives from around the world. Representatives will have information available and will meet with attendees to answer questions.
There are currently more than 30 colleges and universities set to attend and more possibly to join. This is a public event, open not only to the TCIS community, but to any interested families.
- Alma College (USA)
- American University of Rome (Italy)
- Cepu Educational Group(China)
- Asia Europe Business School (亚欧商学院)(China)
- Emlyon Business School(China)
- East China Normal University (华东师范大学)(China)
- Ball State University (USA)
- Biola University (USA)
- Business & Hotel Management School (Switzerland)
- California Baptist University (USA)
- Cepu Education Group (Italy)
- Accademia del Lusso
- Accademia del Volo
- Medical University of Sofia
- Scuola di Cunina
- César Ritz College (Switzerland)
- Columbia College – Chicago (USA)
- Culinary Arts Academy(Switzerland)
- Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne (Switzerland)
- César Ritz College (Switzerland)
- Full Sail University (USA)
- George Mason University–Korea (Korea)
- Ghent University–Korea(Korea)
- SUNY Korea(Korea)
- Jacobs University Bremen (Germany)
- Joint Institute/University of Michigan & Shanghai Jiao Tong University (China)
- KAIST (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology) (Korea)
- Kansas State University (USA)
- Les Rosche & Glion (Switzerland)
- Miami University – Ohio (USA)
- Michigan State University (USA)
- Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti (NABA) (Italy)
- Oklahoma State (USA)
- Plymouth State University (USA)
- Ritsumeikan Asian Pacific University–Korea (Japan)
- Saint Joseph's University (USA)
- San Jose State University (USA)
- Trine University (USA)
- Trinity Western University (Canada)
- University of Connecticut (USA)
- University of Utah (USA)
- University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire(USA)
- Yonsei University (Korea)
*This list will be periodically updated to keep you informed of school attendance.
TCIS Invites You to Our Annual International Festival!
May 13, 2:00-8:00pm
5월 13일 (토) 오후 2시 ~ 8시 (불꽃놀이)
Held on our beautiful green campus in Technovalley, I-Fest is a Spring carnival with an international flair! This event will be held on Saturday, May 13 from 2:00-8:00 pm. There is something for everyone!
- International foods
- Children's games & prizes
- Bouncy castle and other children's activities
- Stage Entertainment
- Fireworks will start after sundown!
There will be a large Flea Market held through the day, with LOTS of second-hand treasures to be sold!
Much of I-Fest is run by students, parents and student groups from our school and proceeds from I-Fest go to charities and student club projects. It is always a great day outside and a fun way to support charities and education. We hope to see you there!
초록이 예쁜 TCIS 테크노밸리 캠퍼스에서 봄의 축제 I-Fest가 열립니다. 모든 지역주민들과 함께하는 행사이며 5월 13일 (토) 오후 2시부터 저녁 8시까지 진행됩니다.
- 바운스 풍선 성
- 다양한 어린이 체험 부스
- 무대 공연
- 음악이 있는 불꽃놀이 쇼
I-Fest 는 지역 공동체를 위해 학생과 학부모 그리고 학생 클럽이 함께 준비한 지역 행사로 수입금은 학생들의 클럽 프로젝트와 지역 복지단체에 전달 됩니다. 아름다운 5월에 가족가 친구들과 함께 즐거운 야외활동도 즐기고 지역사회와 교육을 지원하는 즐거움 또함 함께하실 수 있습니다.
행사장에 대한 추가 정보와 위치는 학교 웹사이트에서 확인할 수 있습니다. 문의 사항이 있으면 언제든지 웹사이트를 방문해 주세요.
TEDx at TCIS
The students of Taejon Christian International School are hosting a TEDx event in the TCIS Performing Arts Center on February 18 from 6:00-9:00pm.
Our coordinating students have curated of youth and adult speakers from our school and from elsewhere around the country to talk about the inspirational topic, "RE-think." Speakers will present topics intended to make listeners consider the way you think about a variety of topics.
Seats are limited 100 attendees by the TED organization, so get your tickets soon! Tickets can be purchased online, here.
See more information about the event and presenters at the event website and the official TED site.
TCIS Presents our Annual Christmas Bazaar
TCIS would like to invite anyone and everyone to join us for our annual Christmas Bazaar, to be held at our campus on Saturday, December 3. From 2:00 - 6:00pm, TCIS will host an event for the whole family. There will be food, live music, an English book sale, flea market, games & crafts for the kids... and even a visit from Santa Claus! We always have fun at this event and would love to have you come and join us as well. This event is open to the public, we hope to see you there!
*All proceeds to go to charities and student groups.