A Commitment to the Health and Safety of Our Community
As the world currently faces health concerns from the 2019 Novel Coronavirus, we would like to assure everyone that TCIS is taking very deliberate measures to best ensure the health and safety of our community while continuing to deliver the education expected for our students.
This is a worrying time for many, and we would like to share with you some of the good and appropriate measures that are currently being taken in our community:
- Situation Monitoring - School leadership and the Crisis Management Team (CMT) are following global and local news, as well as maintaining regular contact with individuals, offices, and organizations that hold the most recent news and information.
- Restricted Access to Campus - Visitors to the school are currently undergoing a more strict screening process to enter the school grounds. Visitors may also be asked to comply with requirements for physical sanitation/obstruction, as considered appropriate by the consensus of health official recommendations. Access to facilities is also being restricted based on need and risk.
[We thank all of our visitors for their compliance and patience.]
- Restrictions on Travelers - Those community members who have recently been to China, or have been in contact with those who have recently been to China, are currently being restricted from campus for a safe incubation period and will only be allowed after such time and by approval with medical screening.
[We thank all of our community for their gracious cooperation.]
- Evaluation of Activities - For the immediate future, activities that bring our students into contact with persons outside of the TCIS community and campus have been postponed or canceled. The school leadership, program leaders, and the CMT will continue to evaluate coming events for their perceived safety. Much thought is also being given to replacement formats and events, when possible, in order to maintain a positive student experience.
- Communication - The TCIS school leadership will continue to update the school community through email, phone messaging, and our regular Schoology messageboard channels.
- Forward Thinking - The CMT and Administration are also developing contingency strategies for multiple academic scenarios that may be created by threat-level responses in the community, the city of Daejeon, and the country of Korea.
For the time being, the school is operating mostly as normal with the restrictions mentioned previously. It is our intention that our school leadership and faculty will continue to plan and respond in calm, considered, and appropriate ways to cause the least disruption to our students and the education that they receive.
What can you do to help TCIS respond effectively to the current situation?
- Please be sure to cooperate with any restrictions that have or may be put into place.
- Observe appropriate health/hygiene practices.
- Wash hands regularly and use hand sanitizer
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow
- Consider wearing an approved facial mask
- Do not come to school with a fever of 37.5 or greater
- Community members who have traveled and have any symptoms such as fever, cough or sore throat should stay home and call 1339.
- Please stay calm and support each other, both emotionally and academically. While there may be a reason for caution, there is no reason for fear, and the strength of the community will see us through the current times. Let's all work to stay safe and keep learning!
- Pray for each other and for those around the world.
We thank you again for your patience, understanding, and cooperation at this time. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the school.