What Makes TCIS Unique in All the World?
TCIS is the only school in the world that offers:
- All three programmes of IB (PYP, MYP, and DP),
- a Christian worldview,
- more than 65 years experience in global education,
- English as the primary language of instruction, and
- a boarding program to care for children from anywhere in the world.
A Statement of Values
TCIS values rigorous holistic education that prepares students to meet their goals, and we approach that with a Christian worldview that prepares students for a life of compassionate action. It is our firm belief that it is possible to offer both of these simultaneously without sacrificing the quality of either.
TCIS values education that focuses on the person rather than simply the content. Where a student filled with specific knowledge will eventually find their knowledge obsolete and out of date, a student who is an active and capable learner will always work toward innovation and the progressive edge. Furthermore, we believe that a student who learns to be internationally-minded, caring, compassionate, peace-loving, respectful, and balanced will be a leader who makes this world a better place and will find fulfillment in doing so.
This philosophy of education demands high standards and qualified teachers who are willing and able to form mentor relationships with students. It also requires a co-curricular program focused on giving students meaningful opportunities to learn and practice strong character and ultimately puts them in positions of leadership in the community.
- Rigorous college preparedness
- Differentiated learning to accommodate all learners
- Holistic education that addresses all areas of life as 'connected'
- Mature learning skills through an emphasis on the Design Cycle
- Rich and varied co-curricular program that promotes learning and leadership through supportive activities
- Reflection and discernment are key qualities for lifelong learning.
- The TCIS language of instruction is English.
- TCIS values a STEAM-based approach to learning as a means for creating future-ready learners.
- Students should be encouraged to find balance in their lives for lifelong health and fulfillment.
- Values of peace, respect, love, service, and international-mindedness are essential for community living.
- We encourage all community members to consider their personal faith and take steps to grow therein.
- Open conversations, engaged in with respect, are healthy for academic learning and growing in faith.
- TCIS promotes a global learning experience that teaches children how to navigate cultures and communities, while representing the best of the home culture(s) the student identifies with.
By the Numbers
- Average Class Size in Elementary: 12.5
- Average Class Size in Secondary: 12
- Student to Teacher Ratio: 7:1
- Student Nationalities Represented: 24+
- Faculty Nationalities Represented: 12+
- Elementary Activities: 25+
- High School Clubs & Activities: 40+
- Varsity Sports: 8
- International Arts Festivals: 4
- International Service Trips: 4
Accreditation and Affiliations
- Three-Programme IB World School (PYP, MYP, and DP)
- Accredited by WASC
(Western Association of Schools & Colleges, USA)
- Boarding accredited by ACSI
(Association of Christian Schools International)
- College Board International
East Asia Regional Council of Overseas Schools
Association for Supervision & Curriculum Development
National Association for College Admission Counseling
International Association for College Admission Counseling