- TCIS was founded in 1958 by a partnership of Christian missions organizations to serve missionary families working in Korea, China, and other places in Asia. It was intended to offer quality international education in a safe location within Korea.
- The TCIS Boarding Program began in 1959.
A Statement of Values
To put it simply, TCIS values rigorous holistic education that prepares students to meet their goals along with Christian education that prepares students for a life of compassionate action. It is our firm belief that it is possible to offer both of these simultaneously without sacrificing the quality of either.
TCIS values education that focuses on the person rather than simply the content. We feel that a student who is a capable learner will always be prepared for setting and accomplishing goals. Furthermore, we believe that a student who learns to be internationally-minded, caring, compassionate, peace-loving, respectful, and balanced will be the kind of leader who makes this world a better place and will find fulfillment in doing so.
This philosophy of education demands high standards and qualified teachers who are willing and able to form mentor relationships with students. It also requires a co-curricular program focused on giving students meaningful opportunities to learn and practice strong character and ultimately puts them in positions of leadership in the community.
- Rigorous college preparedness
- Differentiated learning to accommodate all learners
- Holistic education that addresses all areas of life in a connected way
- Career-ready skills through an emphasis in the Design Cycle
- Rich and varied co-curricular program that promotes learning and leadership through supportive activities
- Reflection and discernment are key qualities for lifelong learning.
- The TCIS language of instruction is English
- Students should be encouraged to find balance in their lives for lifelong health and fulfillment.
- Values of peace, respect, love, service, and international-mindedness are essential for community living.
- We encourage all community members to consider their personal faith and take steps to grow therein.
- Open conversations, engaged in with respect, are healthy for academic learning and growing in faith.
Accreditation and Affiliations
By the Numbers
- Average Class Size in Elementary: 12.5
- Average Class Size in Secondary: 12
- Student to Teacher Ratio: 7:1
- Student Nationalities Represented: 23+
- Faculty Nationalities Represented: 10+
- Faculty With Advanced Degrees: 66%
- Elementary Activities: 25+
- High School Clubs & Activities: 25+
- Varsity Sports: 8
- International Arts Festivals: 4
- International Service Trips: 4
What Makes TCIS Unique in All the World?
TCIS is the only school in the world that offers:
- All three programmes of IB (PYP, MYP, and DP),
- a Christian worldview,
- English as the primary language of instruction, and
- a boarding program to care for children from anywhere in the world.