Thank you for your interest in applying to TCIS. This introduction is intended to give a basic introduction to the admissions process. When you are ready to begin, our Admissions Counselors will take you through, step-by-step. Please contact Admissions@tcis.or.kr or call (82) 042-620-9116 when you are ready to begin.
1. Check Eligibility
Please check to be sure that your child meets the Korean foreign school eligibility requirements, using one of the following sets of documents:
- “Certificate of Exit & Entry” from a Korean government office
- Report cards showing 6 semesters of study abroad
- Foreign Passports & Alien Registration cards
Please contact the Admissions Office to verify and submit eligibility documents.
(Click here to read about foreign school eligibility requirements)
2. Application Form
- Complete the official application form & the “Consent Form for Personal Information” online.
(Families can also complete the application on paper and send it to the TCIS Admissions Office by post or email scan.)
- An Admissions Counselor will contact you to confirm receipt of your application and about current space availability at TCIS.
(You can find the TCIS application here.)
3. Application Fee
- After your application has been received, an Admissions Counselor will contact you about payment of the Application Fee (W300,000 KRW).
- Please sign and submit the Refund Policy Agreement along with your payment.
After receipt of your application, the Admissions Counselor will arrange a date for the student to come to TCIS for an interview and relevant testing:
4. Testing & Interview
- Age 4 - Grade 2: Interview with Teacher
- Grades 3-5: English Test
- Grades 6-10: English & Math Tests
- Grades 11-12: English, Math, and other testing for DP
- Dorm Applicants: Additional Dorm Interview with Director of Residence Life Program
5. Submit Documents
- Supporting documents must be submitted before an admissions decision can be made.
- Click on the link for the forms and detailed explanations. (Link to Document file with checklist, school report, 3 teacher recommendations, health letter, and health form )
6. Admissions Decision
- After your child has completed testing and all the documents have been submitted, the final admissions decision will be made within two weeks.
- We will contact you by phone and/or email detailing the admissions decision.