Thank you for your interest in applying to TCIS. This introduction is intended to give a basic understanding of the admissions process. When you are ready to begin, our Admissions Officers will take you through the process step-by-step. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (82) 042-620-9116 when you are ready to begin.
1. Check Eligibility
Please check to be sure that your child meets the Korean foreign school eligibility requirements using one of the following sets of documents:
- “Certificate of Exit & Entry” from a Korean government office
- Report cards showing 6 semesters of study abroad
- Foreign Passports & Alien Registration cards
Please contact the Admissions Office to verify and submit eligibility documents.
(Click here to read about foreign school eligibility requirements)
3. Application Fee
- After your application has been received, an Admissions Officer will contact you about payment of the Application Fee (W300,000 KRW).
- Please sign and submit the Refund Policy Agreement along with your payment.
4. Testing & Interview
After receipt of your application, the Admissions Office will assist you in scheduling the admissions testing and/or interviews:
- Age 4 - Grade 2: Interview with Teacher
- Grades 3-5: English Test
- Grades 6-12: English & Math Tests
- Dorm Applicants: Dorm interview with the Residence Life Program Coordinator
- English Language Learners: Additional English testing may be required (WIDA)
*Testing & Dorm interviews may be conducted on Zoom or in person on campus. Elementary interviews and additional English testing (WIDA) will be conducted in person.
5. Submit Documents
- Supporting documents must be submitted before an admissions decision can be made.
- Click on the link for the forms and detailed explanations. (Link to Document file with checklist, school report, 3 teacher recommendations, health letter, and health form )
6. Admissions Decision
- After your child has completed testing and all the documents have been submitted, the final admissions decision will be made within two weeks.
- We will contact you by phone and/or email detailing the admissions decision.
TCIS processes applications on a "rolling" basis. Whenever a student applies for admission, the Admissions Office will process the application as quickly as possible.
However, in order to ensure completion of the admissions process in time to start school on the first day of the Fall or Spring Semester, we ask you to try to follow these timelines:
- Apply by May 1st to ensure your child can begin classes on the first day of the Fall Semester (August).
- Apply by December 1st to ensure your child can begin classes on the first day of the Spring Semester (January).
- Late Applications may be accepted on a "space-available" basis.