International School Eligibility
TCIS is registered in Korea as a “foreign school” and must follow the eligibility requirements of foreign schools. As such, foreign students must make up 70% of the total student enrollment. Students must meet one of the following:
- Children living in Korea with at least one parent that holds a non-Korean passport (does not hold Korean citizenship) are eligible to apply as a foreign student.
- Children living outside of Korea with a parent(s) that holds a non-Korean passport & hold an international student visa to come to Korea are eligible to apply as a foreign student (permissible as of 2015.)
- Children that have studied outside of Korea for 3 years or lived outside of Korea for a total of 1095 days prior to enrollment, are eligible to apply.
Who can apply to TCIS?
- TCIS enrolls students in Kindergarten 1 (must be 4 years old as of August) through grade 12.
- Students may live in the Daejeon area with their parents or enroll in the boarding program in grades 6-12.
- Students of any ethnicity or faith are welcome to apply.
- English language proficiency requirements vary with grade level. Please contact the Admissions Office for details.
TCIS processes applications on a "rolling" basis. Whenever a student applies for admission, the Admissions Office will process the application as quickly as possible.
However, in order to ensure completion of the admissions process in time to start school on the first day of the Fall or Spring Semester, we ask you to try to follow these timelines:
- Apply by May 1st to ensure your child can begin classes on the first day of the Fall Semester (August).
- Apply by December 1st to ensure your child can begin classes on the first day of the Spring Semester (January).
- Late Applications may be accepted on a "space-available" basis.