Eligibility & Requirements
International School Eligibility
TCIS is registered in Korea as a “foreign school” and must follow the eligibility requirements of foreign schools. As such, foreign students must make up 70% of the total student enrollment. Students must meet one of the following:
- Students holding citizenship and passport status in another country may apply as a foreign student.
- Students holding Korean citizenship (including dual citizenship) may apply if at least one parent is a foreign passport holder (and non-Korean citizen.)
- Students holding Korean citizenship (including dual citizenship) may apply if they have studied for three school years abroad or lived abroad for a total of 1095 days.
*Students attending as a foreign student from abroad must live in the country with a parent(s) or acquire an international student visa. TCIS is happy to help families apply for this visa.
Who can apply to TCIS?
- TCIS enrolls students in Kindergarten 1 (must be 4 years old as of August) through grade 12.
- Students may live in the Daejeon area with their parents or enroll in the boarding program in grades 6-12.
- Students of any ethnicity or faith are welcome to apply.
- English language proficiency requirements vary with grade level. Please contact the Admissions Office for details.
TCIS processes applications on a "rolling" basis. Whenever a student applies for admission, the Admissions Office will process the application as quickly as possible.
However, in order to ensure completion of the admissions process in time to start school on the first day of the Fall or Spring Semester, we ask you to try to follow these timelines:
- Apply by May 1st to ensure your child can begin classes on the first day of the Fall Semester (August).
- Apply by December 1st to ensure your child can begin classes on the first day of the Spring Semester (January).
- Late Applications may be accepted on a "space-available" basis.