Part of effectively educating a child is making provision for some basic physical needs. TCIS offers the following programs in the community to help meet these needs in the lives of our students and faculty.
TCIS School Bus Service
TCIS provides an optional school bus service as a convenience for students (for an additional fee.) All TCIS drivers are experienced drivers with outstanding safety records and most have worked at TCIS for many years. For safety and convenience, buses are equipped with seat belts, CCTV cameras and Internet access.
Buses run before and after school, and one additional late bus runs for those who participate in after-school activities and sports.
The bus routes cover the major residential areas of Daejeon (subject to change):
- Yuseong-gu (No-eun, Dun-san, Jun-min, Do-ryong, Sang-dae)
- Seo-gu (Do-an, Mun-hwa, Tae-pyung, Kal-ma)
- Sejong and Cheong-Ju Cities
On weekends, TCIS offers a bus to and from Seoul for dorm students who wish to go home for the weekend (available by personal payment.)
Contact the Transportation Department for more information: +82-42-620-9053
Our Food Service Partner
TCIS has contracted with JJ Catering to provide a full-service food program that includes healthy, balanced meal choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner, offering a blend of Korean and international cuisines. Boarding students eat breakfast and dinner in the cafeteria, and all students have the option of eating lunch in the cafeteria or bringing their own lunch.
Health & Well-Being
Children must be healthy in order to learn and grow. Health education is incorporated throughout the TCIS curriculum. Classes in Physical Education and Health are part of the PYP & MYP Curriculum. Juniors & Seniors are expected to be actively engaged in sports or other physical activity. Healthy food choices, an active lifestyle and adequate sleep are important aspects of good health. TCIS promotes healthy living among students and faculty.
Health Care Professionals
TCIS employs two full time, licensed, experienced nurses to provide health support every school day from 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM for all students and staff.
Our licensed staff is available to offer:
- first aid care
- emergency services and hospital escort
- the dispensing of prescription medications
- the dispensing of over-the-counter medications (as directed by parents)
- contacting parents about illnesses and injuries
- tracking individual illnesses, immunizations, and TB testing
- monitoring air quality and advising the school administration when outdoor activity should be restricted
- information to the TCIS community concerning various health issues such as flu vaccinations, contagious diseases, epidemics and general hygiene practices.
The Health Center includes two offices and a four-bed facility for students who become ill and need to rest during the school day. An ice machine is onsite for injuries. Several top-quality hospitals are located within a few minutes of campus for emergency treatment.